Mat-Pac, Inc./South-Seas International, Inc.
Mat-Pac, Inc. is a family owned and operated company doing business since 1988. Our company started as a one man operation. Mat-Pac, Inc. has evolved over time to the company that our founder, Manuel Jimenez, envisioned from the start. Manuel has been in the paper industry for over 35 years, and is now a leader in the paper, plastic and foam industry, working hand in hand with customers to meet all of their supply needs.
Today we are proud to say we have become a multi-faceted company, sourcing products both domestically and internationally that serve both retail and away-from-home markets. With our highly trained and customer oriented office staff and a sales force with over 100 years accumulated experience, we proved customers with knowledgeable, prompt and courteous service along with innovative and customer-centric packaging solutions.
The General Manager will report directly to the CEO and will lead the functional areas of sales, customer service and administration in a “hands-on” approach to developing and delivering the company’s business plan, including growth, profit and performance objectives and exceeding customer expectations.
- Executing the company’s business plan including meeting profitability and performance objectives
- Determining staffing requirements, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; Planning, assigning and directing work; Monitoring and appraising staff performance, including setting goals and objectives; Addressing complaints and resolving problems; Providing consistent performance feedback and dedicating appropriate time to developing employee skills to maximize potential and achieve required results
- Maintain operational integrity, open communication channels and resolving issues effectively and promptly
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins
- Define and execute business strategies for profitably growing existing business and generating new business
- Lead key sales initiatives for larger accounts or strategic accounts
- Effectively manage other Sales and Marketing personnel to achieve all sales goals
- Develop strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning company product, price and strategies
- Demonstrate personal commitment to self-development of skills in the areas of leading, priority setting, negotiating and problem-solving
- Work closely with all internal team and customers to identify and pursue opportunities for other products and/or services
- Work closely with customer service department to ensure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated
- Provide analysis and information on business performance and budget preparation
- Consult with CEO to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on RFPs that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlined for the year
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives in conjunction with Finance to adhere to Company policies
- Actively pursue cost reduction/margin improvement activities in accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred or related equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible business to business sales experience, particularly selling into redistribution, distribution and retail channels
- Disposable packaging product sales experience required
- Superb sales, customer service, administrative and verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong business and financial background and be process and results-driven
- Experience within paper, plastic, foam, aluminum or similar manufacturing environments is desired
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies is required