Mat-Pac, Inc./South-Seas International, Inc.
Sales and Account Representative
Mat-Pac, Inc. is a family owned and operated company doing business since 1988. Our company started as a one-man operation. Mat-Pac, Inc. has evolved over time to the company that our founder, Manuel Jimenez, envisioned from the start. Manuel has been in the paper industry for over 35 years, and is now a leader in the paper, plastic and foam industry, working hand in hand with customers to meet all of their supply needs.
Today we are proud to say we have become a multi-faceted company, sourcing products both domestically and internationally that serve both retail and away-from-home markets. With our highly trained and customer oriented office staff and a sales force, with over 100 years accumulated experience, we provide customers with a knowledgeable, prompt and courteous service along with innovative and customer-centric packaging solutions.
The Sales Representative will report directly to the sales manager, train under tenured sales executives and collaborate with other functional teams: sales, finance, customer service, design, production, shipping and administration.
- Qualify and develop new business opportunities within designated sales territory
- Close new business opportunities to ensure goal attainment
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing customer base
- Demonstrate personal commitment to self-development of selling skills in the areas of priority setting, negotiating and problem-solving
- Develop and cultivate strong buying relationships with customers
- Work closely with local management to identify and pursue opportunities for other products or more appropriate logistics or equipment
- Work closely with customer service department to ensure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated
- Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation
- Consult with management to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on Request for Proposals (RFPs) that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlined for the year
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives that adhere to Mat-Pac’s policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred or equivalent related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Characteristics include: Goal oriented, results driven, assertive, deals well with ambiguity
- High energy, self-motivated, self-directed person with the ability to focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously and able to thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies is preferred